[REVIEW] CoolerMaster Aero 7

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Loud for a CPU fan. But amazingly quiet for a small jet engine. ;)

Speaking of fans, Doug, how do you like your Microflow?

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
Loud for a CPU fan. But amazingly quiet for a small jet engine. ;)

Speaking of fans, Doug, how do you like your Microflow?

It's a fairly quiet cooler. The new box is so much quieter than my old machine. I think it runs a bit warm though. Today the CPU temp was at 55.5 C after running F@H all day long. Not sure how hot it will get once summer rolls in.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I suspect the "deadspot" argument is horse manure, but there's no denying the superior attributes of a radial fan working into a load. I'm just surprised that there haven't been more of these to date.

As for the noise, people may recall the Noise Control Silverado, which despite having two blowers, used to be rated as the most effective quiet cooler on the planet. I think this is just CoolerMaster working to their usual standard.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
time said:
I suspect the "deadspot" argument is horse manure, but there's no denying the superior attributes of a radial fan working into a load. I'm just surprised that there haven't been more of these to date.

As for the noise, people may recall the Noise Control Silverado, which despite having two blowers, used to be rated as the most effective quiet cooler on the planet. I think this is just CoolerMaster working to their usual standard.

"deadspot" is, well, what You said. It's there, but it's "effective" only near (less than one cm) the fan. Also, most of the "cooling" happens in the pins/fins of the HS.

What can be more interesting is "hotspot" with AMD processors (Intel uses heat spreaders, to eliminate hot-spots). The difference is only 2-5 degrees though. With standard HSFs the "deadspot" and the "hotspot" are in same place, thus having little increase in temp. With larger heat sinks the "spots" aren't in same place.

Cheers,

Jan