REVIEW: "3 SATA-II Hard Drives Reviewed"

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
It would be nice if a review site would get three prime drives from three different manufactures with equal platter density and cache size, for their comparison. Oh, and use good benchmarks too. :D

Handruin

Administrator
It would also be nice to see some fresh reviews at SR. I've been waiting to see their findings on the Maxtor MaxLine III SATA 16MB.

For months I've been seeing:

Work on this review is currently in progress... Check back shortly!!

Back on topic. It looks like the samsung HD160JJ gets a poor rating from them. Their definition for "better" in: "Better drives are available for less money", has me wondering what their definition of better is. Performance is only one factor in my book.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The most recent review of a Samsung drive I can find is the SP1614N. What's a HD160JJ?

Samsung has never sent SR a review unit as far as I know, and Samsung isn't an SR advertiser. I'm surprised their review was as good as "Better drives are available."

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Buck said:
It would be nice if a review site would get three prime drives from three different manufactures with equal platter density and cache size, for their comparison. Oh, and use good benchmarks too. :D

In the following review, we will compare items which do not really compete with one another to find out which one is biggest....

In conclusion, while the thermos is small, it doesn't keep things as cold as the chest cooler or freezer. If you can afford it, the freezer is your best choice.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Mercutio said:
The most recent review of a Samsung drive I can find is the SP1614N. What's a HD160JJ?

The HD160JJ is the SP80SD family - SP80 family using three platters and a SATAII interface. It isn't from the higher areal density SP120 family.