Quick!! HELP! Radeon 9000 VIVO and MMC

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Can somebody please quickly help me get the MMC working with this OEM Radeon 9000 VIVO made by Sapphire.

I have followed the instructions on ATi's site for installing the MMC and drivers to a tee and cannot get the MMC working with this card. Everytime I try to start the TV/capture app I get a message that the "The TV Player failed to initialize the video" and to "check device manager to ensure the correct video driver is installed and working properly."

I have tried various versions of the MMC from 7.7 to 8.8 with no luck. This is on a virgin win2k SP4 install.

This card makes use of the Rage Theater chip and I can see from device manager that it is installed properly.

I have only installed the software I need, which includes DirectX9.0b and windows media encoder 9(required by ATi), NIC/Sound/chipset drivers.... and that's it. So this should be pretty clean.

If anybody has any suggestions on getting an OEM ATi VIVO card working I would greatly greatly appreciate it as this little project is due tomorrow (saturday)about mid day.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Terminal server on 2k pro? well, no other programs are running. Only icon in the tray is for the audio.

I guess I'll just give up on that and try something else. Confounded ATi still can't get software right. I guess I can also blame Sapphire who didnt even include the MMC on their driver disk that came with the card.

Luckily the rage theater 100 chip works fine with Vdub, winDVR, and a bunch of other applications in windows.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
blakerwry said:
I guess I can also blame Sapphire who didnt even include the MMC on their driver disk that came with the card.

Why would Sapphire include non-functioning software in the package? Sounds like they did you a favor.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
yeah, I broke down and got winDVR.

Works like a charm and is pretty easy to use and configure. It also complements the version of winDVD that came with the DVD drive.

I think ATi is being very picky about what products it wants and doest want to work with thier software. Heaven forbid somebody use the newest MMC with older hardware or worse yet a non-ATi card.

I'm fed up with ATi and their software, especially the MMC. This is the second time I've been burned by them.

The only good thing I have to say about ATi is that they got in good with microsoft for DirectX 9 so they have better performing cards and they finally got a unified video driver that installs well.