Posting files

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I lost my website last year. :cry:
Where can I legally put images for the web without any of the PII? Mostly there would be PNG, a few JPEG, maybe PDF. Nothing is remotely controversial - no images of humans or humanoid depiction due to AI, etc. Thanks.

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
Google? I think I have this little album shared with everyone, if you can open it.

Oops, I just tried to add a PDF, and that didn't work. But I think you can also share files in Google Docs.

Last edited:

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
No, Google Docs seems to support only word-processing docs.

But this link shows that Google Drive can share PDFs, and, I presume, most other file types.

Free (0 $) space usage is limited to 15 GB, though.

Last edited:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you're just looking for an image host, Imgur.com is nice if you want to see metrics on what you're posting. If you don't care and just want a place to drop some random picture, there's prnt.sc.

Handruin

Administrator
I would need more details on the requirements but if you're looking to host your own files or pictures, maybe something like a deployment of Next cloud, Seafile or OwnCloud may be solutions if you don't want to have privacy concerns with major companies that host cloud/object storage.

If this is mainly pictures, there's also open source options like Piwigo.org that you can host yourself or pay for a cloud solution, and the source is on GitHub.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I just wanted somewhere for a few photos and PDFs that I would show without the publicity of the socialit networking sites. I understand that the law enforce, etc, has access, but as I said I'm not concerned as they are completely legal images like Excel charts in PDF or inhuman photos, etc.

It used to be that you would get some space with IPs, but they removed it. I also had a domain and hosting, but nowadays everybody wants the https and they were asking like $700 for five more years for all the services so I let it go. I did not even understand half of the IT jargon or how to set up something simple and I had not used it for the past 8+ years.

Handruin

Administrator
Can you just put these in Dropbox or a Google drive or OneDrive and link them as needed to wherever you need access?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Most hosting providers have automated using Let's Encrypt Certificates, which are signed and available for free.