Phone Charging Control

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Are there any Androidic battery apps that will limit the phone charge to a lower level, such as 80%?
Most of the battery saver type of apps are designed to fix bad batteries or throttle performance to improve battery life.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Accubattery is what I use.

Just keep in mind that it only reminds you when you hit 80%. It doesn't stop the charging.

LunarMist

Thanks. I tried it last week and forgot to reply. There is some useful info displayed, but it doesn't do anything to control the charge. One would think that the Google would add charge control to Androids, but maybe the phone company wants to sell more phones. :D

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm pretty sure that would be up to the manufacturers, and I doubt that there are enough people who care to sell phones on such a feature.

LunarMist

Of course they want to sell new $1000 phones every 2 years. After then the phone has no warranty.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I think that you've made my point.

Battery lasts two years. Après nous, le déluge.

LunarMist

My first smartphone lasted over 5 years, and technically was still working although the OS was obsolete. My second phone died after 3.5 years.
I really see no reason that a phone cannot last for four years on average just like a laptop, some of which have charging control to prolong battery life.

LunarMist

I keep trying that 80% thing, but I never seem to be around when it goes on and then it reaches 100%.
I'm thinking about using an electrical timer or low capacity USB power bank.

Handruin

Administrator
There may be a way to use the Android Tasker app to detect battery level and then trigger one of those WiFi power outlets to turn off when your battery reaches the desired level. That would be a bit of work to figure out but it would do what you want.

LunarMist

I received a funky USB timer. I cannot quite figure it out, but maybe that will work.