People downsizing, want small form factor printer/scanner

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Does anyone have any recommendations for (preferably) a SFF A4/foolscap multifunction device (printer/scanner)? The people in question are ditching their desktop in place of a laptop as they've moved into an apartment.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
That's a whopping 48 x 29 cm - long and skinny.

It's also an inkjet, which I personally have sworn off completely.

Smallest color laser MFP I can find quickly is the Samsung CLX-3305FW: 40.6 x 36.2 cm. A bit slow at color printing but available from AU$229 inc tax.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
If you separate the two functions of scanning and printing, you can easily get much smaller by getting a portable printer and scanner designed for notebook use. Combining the functions effectively forces a flatbed scanner attached to the printer and that limits the minimum size. Separating them can make them much smaller but as you do that there are other compromises that happen. I've seen 1.5" x 2.5" x 10" printers (that print on thermal paper) and hand scanners that are only appropriate for business cards or a full page scanner similar in size to the portable printer.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Thanks for the tips guys. I will have to see if they want to split the functions. It may be an option if the space matters. We have already had the "yes it can be done, but there are going to be different compromises" talk.