Online contacts or address book?

Handruin

Administrator
I do the same as Mercutio and ddrueding. My bank mails checks for me. I do have a pen in my house though. I don't have a working printer so I have to write things down some times.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I write 4 or 5 checks a month. I can write a check faster than I can log in to an online account and navigate screens. I have set my mortgage to auto-pay and will do so with my car payment but otherwise I don't see much advantage to online banking.

Handruin

Administrator
My rent is auto-pay which makes things easier. Other things are bank transfers to pay bills. Even if you can write a check faster than logging in, you can't get the money there faster. I also save money and time by not having to buy checks or to buy stamps and envelopes.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I write checks only to the daycare. Everything else is electronic bills and payments. As such my checks still have my old address on them (been in this house 15+ months) and will for a while as I have another box still unopened. But I only went electronic after I moved into the new house. Before that I was writing checks. I only have my water bill and sewer bill on auto pay. The rest I pay electronically myself.

My printer OKI B4200 works but only with the manual feed tray. The auto feed tray just jams over and over. I've never replaced the toner since I bought it years ago.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I just assumed that. Maybe not - due to a medical condition?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
That works fine for me as well. I do it all the time to send reminders to myself.
I have a normal, free gmail account, no google apps or anything. I just enter my own @gmail.com address as destination.

My google custom account works fine. I do it all the time.

Merc, you might be sending yourself something that google is filtering out as spam. Are you spamming yourself? : )

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Palm webOS Synergy. It seamlessly merges my contacts from Exchange, Gmail, FaceBook, and LinkedIn into a single contact list on the phone. Duplicates are automatically merged together so someone who I have as a contact on LinkedIn and in Exchange only shows once. Updates are synced automatically in either direction - phone to service or service to phone. It pulls profile pics from FaceBook etc. to associate with the contact.

That's freakin' cool.

LunarMist

Do you want some? I seem to be a pen horder. I'll even give you the bestest SW Ep 1 birthday pens I have. : )

I have a relative with over 1000 pens collected. However, nobody is allowed to use them as writing implements. :)

LunarMist

Damn. You should get out of the US once in a while. I think you might be more comfortable in some other countries.

LunarMist

I read and listen to music, and those are things I can do just fine where I am.

You must go and try it for the experience. I was never the same after traveling in Europe for the first time. :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You must go and try it for the experience. I was never the same after traveling in Europe for the first time. :)

Herpes will do that to a fellow.

Seriously, I just want to be at home. There are people I wish I could spend time with, but there are not places I wish I could be. I'm not wired for travel.

LunarMist

Seriously, I just want to be at home. There are people I wish I could spend time with, but there are not places I wish I could be. I'm not wired for travel.

No herpe. I was there with an American woman.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie

Zovirax? Aides spinoff drugs that surpress herpes...

LunarMist

Huh? The first time I visited Europe was traveling with a woman. There were no 3rd party activities. :) It was before there was an AIDS.