on vacation

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Hey all, I'm posting this from Winter Park, Colorado. I;m up here for the week ski'ing/snowboarding.

I'm going boarding tomorrow (actually today.. now that I see the time) Wish me luck and dont mind me if I'm not around as much as usual,

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Since i just tore the entire bootom of my right foot off, I think I can safely say I've had better.

Waiting for the abulance to come now.

glass bootl efell in shower while I was in there. Stepped on it went crunch.

Mercutio

I'm home now. They gave me something to calm me down first thing. Gurts worse now than when it happened. It didn't hurt at all until the nurses started poking at my feet and washing them and stuff. That was the wisrt part.

It was not fun. Doctors suck. Hospitals suck. Mean nurses suck most of all.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Mercutio said:
They gave me something to calm me down first thing.
Just as well. Anybody who can write:

i just tore the entire bootom of my right foot off .... waiting for the abulance to come now ... glass bootl efell in shower ...

needs a sedative!

Foot wounds are like that: you don't feel a thing when you first do them. Afterwards is a different story. They heal well though, and any pain you have now will not last very long, so long as you are not stupid enough to try to do things that you shouldn't too soon. Take it easy, do what the doctor says. Unlike head doctors (who are useless), foot doctors have a clue.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
:cry: Get well soon, Merc! Hopefully, no tendons were damaged. I've had a third degree burn and broken toes a few times. Crutches ain't no fun.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Yikes. I hope you feel better, Merc. Now my Thanksgiving doesn't seem as bad. I just have this really annoying cough that caused me to completely lose my voice, and I go into a coughing fit whenever I try to eat something, so I wasn't able to eat much yesterday. I was able to take home some leftover pasteles and rice for when it goes away.

Mercutio

I'm not quite capable of navigating stairs, so it's been a day on the couch with my laptop. Until it ran out of battery. Then I napped. And then woke up, realized I wasn't done napping, and promptly got back to business.
Very pleasant except for the throbbing parts below my knees (see, I'm either whining or bragging? Or possibly both. But feeling better.)

SteveC, what's a pastele?

My father wasn't home yesterday (business trip) so my family ate at my oldest brother's home. My sister-in-law doesn't cook (she's good with thawing and that's about it), so my mother and I basically did the Thanksgiving meal.

Thanksgiving is the one real holiday for my family. It was important to do SOMETHING day-of.

I made several different kinds of dressing (Sausage, Sage, and Oyster). I'm impressed with myself. It turned out perfectly. I also made an asperagus dish that I just made up, and took care of the turkey. Mom made the rolls, yams and mashed potatoes, and took care of desert.

After dinner and cleanup we all went to see Bad Santa, then back to my brother's place for Little Nemo.

And that was my thanksgiving prior to my little accident.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Mercutio said:
SteveC, what's a pastele?

It's a Puerto Rican specialty, made from a bunch of different vegetables and pork, that we always have during the holidays. This recipe seems very similar to what my family uses.

Mercutio

There's a Puerto Rican/Cuban/Mexican market not too far from my house. I'll have to try that recipe sometime. In fact, I've probably had them but since I don't speak Spanish and the clerks there don't speak English, I'm never quite sure what I'm ordering from their deli.

I do very well with Italian food but I'm not so hot with food from other cultures besides that.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc said:
Very pleasant except for the throbbing parts below my knees
Pity. Reminds me of the song rowdy classmates used to sing, back in middle school.

Diana, Diana, show me your leg
A yard above the knee

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I love PR food. I used to travel there on business regularly. It is one of most beautiful islands in the carribean. Super people, good food and beautiful mountains.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanksgiving day was spent hunting in the morning, unfortunately nothing was moving, then back to the in-laws by 3pm for big bird time. 22lbs with 6 of us meant maxi-leftovers!

Yesterday went out again and saw nothing, just a ton of rain so I napped in a La-Z-Boy in one of the forest condos. Then in the arvo made 25 pounds of venison sausage and hamburger. Freezer is good to go.

Merc: lay of the grog in the shower man, perhaps fill one of those plastic soap dispensers with your favourite liquor of choice? :wink: