nVidia Titan V announced...

Handruin

Administrator
I love that this looks killer on paper and will be interested to see how it performs. The Titan V is clearly targeted to special-purpose and not gamers even if it runs games. I'm more interested in the release of consumer oriented Volta versions (GTX2080) rumored to be around in early 2018. I'll end up retiring my two GTX980 for a single GTX2080 and can hopefully be gaming just fine at 4K.

Handruin

Administrator
I've heard great things about the 1080 and 1080Ti cards. I'd like to give a little more headroom with a single GPU so that I can free up PCIe lanes for a new NVMe device I want to add. My display needs slightly more GPU power for the 4096 x 2160 vs 3840 x 2160P.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I've heard great things about the 1080 and 1080Ti cards. I'd like to give a little more headroom with a single GPU so that I can free up PCIe lanes for a new NVMe device I want to add. My display needs slightly more GPU power for the 4096 x 2160 vs 3840 x 2160P.

What display do you have that is 4096 pix wide?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
This is clearly a compute card. It's just a cut down version of the enterprise compute card, with the Tensor cores still included. It'll work with the Geforce drivers, but it doesn't sound like they'll do any gaming optimization.

I'm not sure that we'll see a real consumer version of Volta. It sounds like Ampere will will replace Pascal -- and it may not be much more than a shrink to 12nm. AMD is so far behind them that they can Intel this.

ddrueding

Fixture
Once there are 4k (either flavor) at 120hz, I'll be getting 6 (two per machine) and whatever GPUs are required. I don't think I'll bother with an upgrade before then.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I wonder if they will release a Quadro version of this card?

From the Anandtech link, the Titan V has less memory bandwidth, less total VRAM and less L2 cache per core than the equivalent Tesla V100... (With the V100 missing the video out components).

Handruin

Administrator
I thought I had found references to this being official but can no longer find them so let's go with speculation until I can find the source. :)

Handruin

Administrator
I'm impressed Anandtech still does reviews. I feel like they're a bit late though, no? Shouldn't there be a new Titan out already. :-D