NEWZ: Samsung Intros TMR Drive Families

Dïscfärm

Learning Storage Performance

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I think other regions of the world had access to both -- I kept seeing posters on SPCR mention getting the 250GB while there was nary a unit to be found around here...that said, I just noticed its availability at a easily accessible store for me not too long ago (~1 month). However, the 200GB model was available for me a long time ago, so I wouldn't classify it as a vapour launch.

Nonetheless, and in general, Samsung's are still hard to come by at the local shops 'round here ... Further, the pricing is out of whack --> the 250GB stands at $154...meanwhile a same capacity Maxtor10 is $124 ... have no clue what the 25% discrepency is for ... SATA II gouge ?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
By the time Samsnug has a 500Gb drive on the martek, hitachi will have a 1TB drive. :)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Samsugn said:
A three - platter - system is currently the minimum requirement concerning the technical feasibility in order to realize 300 GB and 400 GB hard disk drives. Samsung has accomplished to increase the storage density to 133 GB per platter without compromising the data integrity. This distinguishes impressively Samsung from most of its competitors.

Uh, hello. Seagate has had a 400GB drive for nearly a yera.