News for Mozilla users

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Just wanted to give the Mozilla developers some props and list out some of the new features that are being pumped into the latest nightly build:
  • Automatic Image Resizing: A-la IE 6.0 larger images will not be resized to fit in the window with this option enabled, click the image will display the image in it's original format. To enable this feature in Mozilla, go to Edit > Preferences > Appearance and check the 'Enable automatic image resizing' box.
  • Customizing Browser Setting: if you hope on over to about:config you can now double-click on each entry or just right click and click reset to rollback to the default values. This is much better than editing the prefs.js file manually
  • Junk Mail Controls: "Another major milestone advancement for Mozilla: automatic move of junk mail! Woohoo!" The fixing of bug 181394
    enables the 'Move incoming messages determined to be junk mail to'
    checkbox in the Junk Mail Controls dialogue. Messages are not yet moved
    if Junk Mail Controls are manually run.

http://www.mrtech.com/news/messages/2490.html

SteveC

Storage is cool
There's also some news about Pheonix development here.
Many of you are worried about the phoenix development status.
I'm also still alive and Phoenix will continue but it's gonna be slow for a while.
Everyone's busy with other things right now.
Unlike Mozilla there are few people working on Phoenix. It's likely to go fast and then slow and then fast again depending on the priorities of the volunteers working on it.
Currently, I am finishing my PhD thesis. I have no time to work on Phoenix for at least one month. But for sure, I'll be back.
Dean, Jag and Varga have already joined the team and Phoenix is still in sync with the mozilla tree and it picks up fixes and improves even if there are some bugs, right now. People are still encouraged to write extensions based on 0.5. I think there won't be compatibility issues with 0.6

Dïscfärm

Learning Storage Performance
Mercutio said:
I have no doubt that the Bayesian mail filters on the email client are a good thing.

But something on the server side would be better. Something like an agent that mimics a "non-existent account" when a known spammer E-mails a particular E-mail address on said mailserver.