problem Newegg

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Newegg is bullsh*t. The bastards have screwed the shipping. :-x
I ordered a cheap product (under $20), but paid for the 3-day shipping.
The invoice shows the shipping charge, but then a different e-mail (they send about three altogether) has the tracking number for the USPS free shipping. WTF?
Now today, one week after the order, there is notification in the mailbox that the product could not be delivered. :cursin:
I suppose eventually the package will be returned from USPS to the Neweggs. It's ridiculous.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Something similar happened when we ordered a laptop from ProVantage to ship to one of our workers in Oregon. He chose express delivery, but for some reason, they changed it to ground delivery. At least they didn't charge for the express.

Not everyone working at the shipping of those big online retailers are bright light bulbs.

LunarMist

Something similar happened when we ordered a laptop from ProVantage to ship to one of our workers in Oregon. He chose express delivery, but for some reason, they changed it to ground delivery. At least they didn't charge for the express.

Not everyone working at the shipping of those big online retailers are bright light bulbs.

I think the issue occurred during ordering. It's not much money, but I won't be ordering any such products from them again.
We'll see if I ever receive a refund after the PO returns the package.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't rely much on NewEgg's shipping

For most items I buy from them, I get free two-day shipping from ShopRunner. Stuff does not get here any sooner than if I picked ground.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I had to buy parts from Newegg today for the first time in about eight years. Newegg has stock on Ryzen 3700s and I need six of them. The purchase experience was awful. Turns out that all six are being shipped from a different seller's inventory, but FROM a Newegg warehouse, and some but not all the charges were declined based on I don't even know what.
I checked with Newegg's online support about it and their literal only comment was "Try a different card."

Christ. Newegg used to be at least OK.

sedrosken

Florida Man
So, what do you typically use for new parts? I've been using Amazon these last few years as their pricing is comparable at least to Newegg. I don't have a Microcenter local and Best Buy kinda stinks.

LunarMist

Don't you have a business account with one of the usual suppliers?

Mercutio

Don't you have a business account with one of the usual suppliers?

I used to, but it got to the point where the local distributors weren't offering me pricing that was any better than retail for the quantities that I buy. It made a difference 20 years ago, but now I can almost always get the same deal without having to deal with them.

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't bought from Newegg in a long time either because my last couple experiences were not great. Sad to hear they haven't improved or may even be worse than before.

LunarMist

I had to order some items from the NE for the February computer and it was deliverated by the UPS successfully.

ddrueding

Fixture
When I was in the US I ended up using Amazon all the time, which is a sad state of things. Here we have proshop.dk, I can pick up in 1 hour or they can deliver in 12. Good stuff.

LunarMist

I used to patronize the FRY's (not the supermarket). You could buy just about everything for electronics and computers. :(

Mercutio

We lost the Chicago area Fry's years ago. We still have two Microcenters though. They're well worth visiting, especially for the novelty of being able to see computer cases prior to purchase, but the value is somewhat questionable since both Chicago and Westmont, Illinois have rather local high sales tax on electronics and the drive out that way costs me about 1/3 of a tank of gas.

Handruin

Administrator
My main go-to are also Microcenter, then B&H Photo, then amazon, or direct from manufacturer in some cases. I've also used smaller places like securewirelessworks.com for Aruba networking equipment. I've not ordered anything from newegg in a very long time.

sedrosken

Florida Man
I'm nowhere near a Microcenter, the closest one is a 4 hour trip one way. So if I'm going to one, the savings have to be enough to justify the gas and time expenditure.

Mostly I find myself buying from Amazon and Newegg for a lack of other options.

LunarMist

I also have a long drive there. The reason to go to a B&M is availability and not having to wait around at home all day for the UPS/Fedex.