New Windows DeCrapification Software

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
I sometimes used to use the PC Decrapifier software to get rid of junkware on Windows PCs. However, that isn't supported any more.

But I just saw, in the comments in this Ars article, about a similar option, O&O AppBuster.

Has anyone in this forum had any experience with this "O&O" software? I'd like to recommend it to my bro-in-law if it works OK, because he's having troubles with his laptop.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I ran it but don't see anything I don't recognize from the Programs and Features or the Services and Applications. I guess it is easier for some peoples to access?

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
I used to recommend/use CCleaner by Piriform, but can no longer in good conscience do that as it acts more like malware than actual malware these days. If I've told it once, I've told it a dozen or more times to not run at startup but like a bad ex it keeps coming back. I'll still use old versions with old OSes, but these days? Absolutely not.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
PC DeCrapifier still works in both its 1.0 and 2.0 versions, so unless you're removing Windows Store apps, it's OK to give those a go.