NEW: Matrox APVe PCI Express Graphics Card

Dïscfärm

Learning Storage Performance
DV Expo West, Los Angeles, December 8th, 2004 — Matrox Graphics Inc., the leading manufacturer of professional graphics solutions, is pleased to announce the Parhelia™ APVe, a PCI Express (PCIe) graphics card designed specifically for creative professionals. Featuring the industry's first Dual-display plus HDTV output from a single graphics card, the Parhelia APVe lets users extend and place timelines, tracks, windows and menus across two displays while providing remarkable HDTV support for a truly immersive set-up. In addition, the Parhelia APVe features flexible Dual-DVI plus standard definition TV (SDTV) output, convenient video input1 and unique What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) video output plug-ins for the most comprehensive creative workstation support...

apvefront.jpg

All the rest at:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/video/news/press_rel/2004/parhelia_apv_e.cfm

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Still a 2 years old design, selling for what a high-end modern graphic card goes. Not too excited about it. I hope Matrox's next GPU (due out next year) will be fully DirectX 9 compliant.

Onomatopoeic

Learning Storage Performance
Actually, I only was wishing for a PCI Express version of the P650, not a Parhelia follow-up.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
What I would like to see is a AGP card with all the new GPUs on it.

Bozo :mrgrn:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'd like to see a Via-based AMD motherboard with PCI Express slots on it so I can TRY a Parhelia AVPe.

Also - and I know I mention this every time we talk about Matrox - I'd love to see a sub-$100 part from them. So much of what I do nowadays is onboard video or $50-ish low-end ATI cards. I'd really like to have something more compelling, along the lines of the G100/G200, at that lower price point.

If it's a 2-year-old design surely they've found a way to make a cheaper version!

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Shop Merc. 50-75 bucks buys a G550. 650 for around 140-150.
Both, from newegg.com, have worked fine.

s
Also G450s work great for cheap cards as well.