New Family Member

SteveC

Storage is cool
On Friday, my cousin gave birth to her first child, a 7lb. 8oz. boy named Diego. It's particularly special because she spent almost three years battling non-hodgekins lymphoma, and at one point the doctors gave her less than 10 percent chance of surviving. They even told her not to make any long term plans, and that she should cancel her wedding. However, she's tough, and never gave up. Fortunately, she got into a trial for an experimental treatment that worked amazingly, and she made a full recovery. All three, mother, father, and baby are doing very well.

Steve

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Someone should be giving her oncologists a big sloppy wet one (kiss. Get your mind out of the gutter. You're blocking my light). It's really amazing what doctors can do nowadays.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Thanks, guys! I know I like hearing some good news every once in a while, so I thought I'd share this. Bartender, how 'bout some egg nog.

Initially, the doctors were concerned, when they found out she was pregnant, because if she had a relapse, they wouldn't be able to treat it aggressively. It was actually a relapse when things were at their worst. After the first round of treatment and chemo, she was feeling fine and even when back to work for a while (as an NYPD Officer, no less). But then the cancer came back much worse than the first time. Fortunately for all, it was just a normal pregnancy, without any complications.

Steve

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Good news, Steve! Congratulations to your cousin and her family. May fortune continue to smile upon them after such worrying times.