New Credit Card scam (I think)

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Here is a new twist on credit card scams I think (new to me anyway). I was wary after talking just recently with a friend who is in business (I'm not BTW) who got burnt by people in Indonesia

This email just arrived in my inbox:

From: noel@feninlambert.com | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:16:54 +0700
Subject: International Inquiry
To: liamc456@yahoo.com.au

Dear sir / madam ,

I found your commercial site when I was surfing on. I think
your store has special offer on some items that I will not
let this chance passing by.

Before I do some arrangement purchase, I got some questions
here.

This is about International oder either, that the item will
be deliver to Indonesia. I will pay for most secure courier
we got, after we arrange this deal on the way.
For payment, i prefer using creditcard. Its the easiest and
fastest payment for internet purchase.

And these are the item that i would like to buy from you :
- 10 x Ati Radeon 9700

Contact me for your further information, thank you.

Warm Regards,
NOEL JOHNSON
JOGJAKARTA - INDONESIA
----------------------

Now for someone with a Western name, their English is rather poor. The strange thing is, I don't sell hardware, so they must have harvested my email addy from my site, but last time I looked, I didn't have a shopping cart :) Hey, maybe this is a sign! I just updated my site (first time in about a month and did have a blurb on the Radeon 9700, but....

Anyway, should I report this? Who to?

The full mail header is here. Can anybody tell me where this originated from?

X-Apparently-To: liamc456@yahoo.com.au via 216.136.175.165; 21 Oct 2002 19:16:30 -0700 (PDT) Return-Path: <noel@feninlambert.com> Received: from 216.168.230.149 (EHLO vmmr7.verisignmail.com) (216.168.230.149) by mta449.mail.yahoo.com with SMTP; 21 Oct 2002 19:16:30 -0700 (PDT) Received: from vmms7.verisignmail.com (vmms7.verisignmail.com [10.166.0.150]) by vmmr7.verisignmail.com (Mirapoint Messaging Server MOS 2.9.3.2) with ESMTP id OMA98209; Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:16:29 -0400 (EDT) From:noel@feninlambert.com | This is Spam | Add to Address Book Received: from vmms7.verisignmail.com (localhost.verisignmail.com [127.0.0.1]) by vmms7.verisignmail.com (Mirapoint Messaging Server MOS 2.9.3.2) with SMTP id PQW30348 (AUTH noel@feninlambert.com); Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:16:28 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <200210220216.PQW30348@vmms7.verisignmail.com> Received: from 202.95.158.10 by vmms7.verisignmail.com (Mirapoint Messaging Server MOS 2.9.3.2) with HTTP/1.1; Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:16:54 +0700 Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:16:54 +0700 Subject: International Inquiry To:liamc456@yahoo.com.au X-Mailer: Mirapoint Webmail Direct 2.9.3.2 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Length: 719

ihsan

What is this storage?
Website
ihsan.synthexp.net
Indonesians are really smart of fooling sellers and couriers alike. This is an old tactic; blatantly ask for direct shipment. The smartest of them all uses a new tactic, they gave you the wrong address which synonyms with their place, it could be somewhere else in another country, the courier send the item to the place, notice there's no such address, repost to their HQ, someone naively thought the exact address is supposed to be this address in this country. It happens about 7/10 so that renewed address matches their place. The kiddies actually lose nothing aside from their time. And they select really sloppy retailers, ones who don't call the CC company to confirm the payment, they won't go for brand names.

This kind of scam exist in my country too in fact it happened to me earlier this year. Some mole tipped me off of this rascal and what a priviledged of beating the arse out of him. Another helluva shot would have cost me an intent to kill indictment. I got away with just a light fine. Screwed me RM 1000 of my scholarship and RM 300 for the assault summon and Visa won't accept my dispute charges. Testified in the court and now he's spending the next 3 years in the comfort of some really pleasant hoteliers.

When I brought this guy to the police, yes I actually dragged him into the station, they told me various tactics guys like him use to cheat. Apparently this arsehole had fixed a skimmer on one kiosk machine on one of the mall here. God knows how many others before he had screwed. Such thing as I told above. Others include random number generator, kiddies scripts and many others.

LiamC :
If they use credit cards, call the CC company and ask them to confirm the address and the person. Mastercard and Visa usually calls me when the card is about to be used for a purchase. Take the initiative and call them.

Sorry if I sound so excited and all my words are all cluttered up. This really excites me.