New car ScionTC

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
So it's not really new, I got it about 2 months ago and thought I'd share now that I got a chance to take some pictures of it.

http://anime-jennie.com/hdd/ScionTC2/

Price was pretty reasonable, I spec'd out a Corolla with half the options and the Corolla was still more expensive. 16,000 Base + Options + Tax/Fees + 4 year Loan = ~$19,000

02-Passenger%20Side.jpg

e_dawg

Storage Freak
That's hot, man. If they make them to the same high standards as they do the Corolla (and I don't think there's any reason why they shouldn't), and the resale value turns out to be half decent, you got an excellent car for the money!

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I've been very pleased with it. It's got a lot more pickup than the v6 Camry it replaced and gets much better gas mileage too (26-27mpg w/ my mixed driving).

I really enjoy the mp3 CD player as it means that I can run on one CD for days without getting bored. The auto dimming mirror with garage door openers was more of icing, but it adds a much more asthetic touch than a standard garage door openner, plus it is somewhat functional, even if it was a couple hundred extra.

One thing that the car is missing is a place to store change and trash.... seems odd from the normally ultra functional Toyota designers. Somehow I think they'll fix this in the '06 model. I have also noticed that sometimes water drains in when opening the back hatch on a rainy day. It's never been more than a few sips, but is something that Toyota should work out.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Nice. You're likely going to have a lot of fun with that Blake.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Very nice, wanna trade for an Elantra? It doesn't let water in when the boot is open....

On a fuel economy note, I recently got 38mpg on a longish highway/hills trip. I'm trying to figure out whether it was because of the highway miles, or because it was half-full of premium unleaded which I accidentally filled the car with a week ago.