Mozilla v1.4 Final Released

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My least-favorite bug still isn't fixed. Open up several dozen tabs full of image files and the display goes all wonky. I think Moz is using video memory for all of it. At least, I get the problem a lot sooner on PCs with less-capable video cards.

Of course, no other browser I'm aware of can handle having 80 or so open windows each containing ~ 10 600x400 JPGs, so maybe I shouldn't complain too loudly.

Also, Moz v 1.4 is the same thing as RC3, so if you're using that, don't bother downloading.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I open over 300 tabs on crazybrowser quite often and have never had a single glitch. Maybe you are using the wrong browser?

Mercutio

I can, too, but not when they have that many images. 300 windows full of text, maybe a graphic or two, no problem. 1000 or so reasonably large pictures all at once and I suddenly I have to close a couple tabs.

If you're managing 300 windows with 10 100k images per page, I might actually be impressed.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
PM me a link of a site where I can open up that many pages where there are 10 pictures per page and I will try it out.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
OK Merc, I tried out Crazybrowser with the link you sent me. I opened 303 tabs of pages with a bunch of pictures per page. I waited for all the pictures to load, which took about 20 minutes, but they are all loaded. Plus, the browser didn't crash. It runs slowly, but not extremely slowly. It also is using 1.2GB of virtual memory, but it works and that was my point.

If you have enough memory and virtual memory then it would take a hell of a lot to crash Crazybrowser. I think I will see if I can do 400 tabs full of pictures.

Mercutio

Moz runs "as normal", but doesn't seem to refresh the screen properly It's a weird thing. Apparently I need to visit bugzilla.

Or maybe try phoenix again.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
If you're managing 300 windows with 10 100k images per page, I might actually be impressed.
Dudes, these are called "unique scenarios"...
Why someone should open 300 Windows?!

Mercutio

Scenario: I visit a "certain kind" of web site, right before I head off to bed. Mozilla has a tool called Linky, that lets me open whole pages full of links with just a couple of clicks.

I wait around, I just "open all links on page" and wander off to bed. When I wake up, there are dozens or even hundreds of open windows/tabs.