Move over SUV lovers...

ddrueding

Fixture
I actually saw one of these just south of San Jose on Highway 101 2 weeks ago. I almost started a thread about it; but figured without a web link no one would believe me.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
The only redeeming thing here is that it's too expensive to really catch on. I dread to think of everyone driving one of these.

I showed it to my mom-she had some interesting comments on this part:

For personal use, it's for people who want to make a statement.

Her response was that they want to make a statement that they're an asshole. :rofl:

Handruin

Administrator
I completely agree.

Also 6-10 MPG isn't too shabby for a truck weighing 7 tons. :p

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
That's really sad. No, correction, that's fucking really sad.

ddrueding

Fixture
The funny thing about the one I saw was that it had no trailer hitch or other towing capacity at all. And the occupant? Yup. A lone white female on a cell phone :eekers:

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
A friend and former manager works in IT at Nav-International. I just sent him the link with a question:
Dude, why?
Coincidentally, I've another friend who works for AM General in South Bend. He supports the mil-spec Hummers, not the consumer crap.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Mom's will use this monster to drop-off and pick up their kids from elementary school, and to go to the grocery store. They do that now in Hummers. There must be some truth to all those conspiracy theories out there on the I'net.

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
I think this is the truck I saw when on vacation down the New Jersey shore this summer. Here are some pictures (yes that is Liam in the pictures).
IMG_0812_web.JPG

IMG_0813_web.JPG

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
You should photoshop the second picture so that Liam is lifting the truck with one finger.

Handruin

Administrator
I guess you would need a brick driveway to hold that beast. That thing is so big! :cyclopsani:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I predict that the fact that they are ridiculous and completely without merit as a means of transportation virtually guarantees that they will sell all they manufacture.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Will Rickards WT said:
I think this is the truck I saw when on vacation
Actually Will, the one you saw is only a mini cab. Have another look at the pic in Doug's link --- its a four door!!!