Mobile computing

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
For the last couple weeks, some of the most active threads on SF have been about phones and tablets. Those threads are currently in the Pub. We know where they are, but for purposes of organization I was thinking it might make a little more sense to either move that stuff to something under the "Community" side of the forum or to its own sub-forum. That discussion really isn't off topic and for that matter it might be useful to have a subforum devoted to mobile topics going forward.

Just a thought.

Handruin

Administrator
I know we have two, maybe three main threads for those items. I don't personally see a problem with this, but I know in the past when others have asked for specific classifications for things like photography or maybe even automotive, that was shot down.

I agree that mobile/tablet discussions are are broader than just photography and may warrant a new section. They also seem to be the ever-growing trend.

We could do this:
  • Computer
    • Mobile & Tablet
    • News
    • Folding at Home
    • Toolbox Reference Section
Or

• Computers, Mobile, Tablet
    • News
    • Folding at Home
Or

• Computers
    • News
    • Folding at Home
  • Mobile & Tablet
  • Tech Support

Handruin

Administrator
I decided to give it a chance. I moved the few major mobile threads over to it. If there are other threads that would fit the new forum section better than their current location, either post them here or send me a PM with the thread location and I'll move it over.

If people end up hating it, I can merge things back and forget like it ever happened.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Pretty much every item I own that weights less a hundred pounds is bound to become a mobile device eventually.