media players, a questioneer.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
What media players are you guys using?

I assume many of you use WMP9, I know some still stick to the stable and reliable WMP6... some I suspect use a combination.. WMP for video, winamp for audio.. etc...

personally, i use BSplayer for most video and winamp for most audio.. WMP9 is used for most streaming content. DVD's are played in winDVD.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
PowerDVD for video files. It plays back divx and stuff, probably with media player codecs. Winamp 2 for audio.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
WMP9 or QuickTime depending on the file. BSPlayer on occasion as well. I refuse to install Real, which has caused some grief on occasion when I find a Real file I'd like to watch/listen to.

For DVDs I don't typically use the PC unless I'm working a weekend babysitting an upgrade. Then it's WinDVD as that's what came with the notebook.

- Fushigi

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Yeah I caught part of that earlier on and I plan to finish it later but I think it's a fascinating story, I used to use the heck out of Winamp

Stereodude

Not really a
Interesting article. Hopefully Frankel sold his AOL shares while they were worth something. The sheer stupidity of companies ever ceases to amaze me. Pay a boatload of money for a company or a product and then start screwing with the very characteristics that made it successful. :scratch:

I've been a foobar user since they ruined WinAmp many, many years ago.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Interesting article. Hopefully Frankel sold his AOL shares while they were worth something. The sheer stupidity of companies ever ceases to amaze me. Pay a boatload of money for a company or a product and then start screwing with the very characteristics that made it successful. :scratch:

I've been a foobar user since they ruined WinAmp many, many years ago.

Yep, just like Norton/Symantec.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm not sure why, but Google Music appears to drain batteries faster than Winamp for Android. I'm guessing it's about a 15% difference, or maybe an extra 45 minutes of battery life from a full charge. I've been experimenting with it using the Evo in my car and it definitely plays longer if I'm using one versus the other. Since I don't really run anything else on that device (no internet connectivity 95% of the time, etc) this is a really curious thing to discover.