Maybe an ambitious ask...

Soup_Nazi

What is this storage?
I have a program called Minitab (a statistical program) and had used it under windows 98 with a peculiar crack method. I installed windows 2000 and now it won't run at all...I have tried the apcompat command for emulating older operating systems and I get a win32s error. The program hasn't actually been installed, its been copied off a cd but it worked in the past so I don't see why it shouldn't work now.

The crack method is to refer the program to a different directory where the license information is kept..
I am wondering whether there are some registry entries that are needed or visual C++ files needed, and if so how could I download them?

puzzled..

Sol

Storage is cool
Well I guess getting a copy of C++ would be a simple way of figuring out if you need some of the files from it. Just downloading an C++ program with an install package might work for an easier fix
Registry entries would be more of a problem but seem unlikly since the program worked in win 98.
Using Windows XP would probably solve it, and I think its your best bet since from what you've said files and reg entries seem unlikly culprits.
I imagine WinXP would suit you well enough since I can't see it effecting your half-life frames or your ping.
It all depends on how important running the program is to you I guess.