Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 6800 13.6GB 7200 RPM

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Let me know if you are interested in purchasing subject drive. It is in perfect condition and in warranty with Maxtor until the end of April. I guarantee no-DOA.

Clocker

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
How much? Honestly, I'm willing to pay around $1 per GB plus shipping(no hurry-UPS or USPS ground is fine). Less is the drive flaky, more if it's brand new, never used. I'm looking to pick up a few used IDE drives in the over 2GB class, but they're currently going for ridiculous prices on eBay(i.e. $30 and up without shipping). Being that CompUSA often has specials on new 30 or 40 GB drives for $50 or less after rebate, I just don't understand why people pay those kinds of prices. If you are really looking to get top dollar for the drive, I think you'll get more on eBay than anybody here would be willing to pay you. On the other hand, if you just want to find a good home for it, I'm sure you'll find a few buyers here, me included. Just trying to be honest here. ;)

BTW, do you also have anything you don't want in the 8.4GB or under class(RPM doesn't matter). I'm thinking of upgrading the drive in my P200 MMX Linux box(it currently has a 2GB drive with bad sectors), but the machine doesn't recognize anything over 8.4 GB(1024 cyl, 255 hd, 63 spt). I think Linux might be OK with something bigger though, provided the boot partition resides within the first 8.4 GB.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll give eBay a try and if I don't find some fool willing to overpay me for the drive, I'll sell it to you for $13.60 plus shipping.

Thanks,
C

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks. Sounds good to me. :) I'll be happy to take it for that price if nobody buys it.

BTW, I checked eBay yesterday and I saw drives smaller than that going for $30+. I even saw someone who had a 540 MB drive for a $15 BIN price, although he had no takers so far. I wouldn't be surprised if your drive fetches $40 or more. It seems to be a seller's market for used drives over there. People even get into bidding wars over dead drives. RAM also seems to be a bit pricey there compared to online retailers.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Sad thing is, I make more money selling parts on Ebay - something I've only done a couple of times - than I do for complete systems.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
that's true... computer parts, atleast some, on ebay are overpriced junk.

Alot of times i see better quality stuff that's cheaper than the crap that i find constantly on ebay...