Macs Faster than PCs in Browser Tests :D

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Futuremark Interview: IE8 is Slowest Browser, Macs Faster than PCs in Browser Tests

....hmm, seems like there isn't much difference when comparing nearly identical hardware configurations. funny the president uses opera beta software, because he like the features best?

Mr. Baltuch says he uses Opera 10.0 beta 2 for browsing because he likes the user interface and features the best. He also praised Mozilla users for their very helpful feedback. He says that some browser makers have embraced his company's efforts, while others remain standoffish....

the test is compatible with the popular Apple iPhone. He also notes that there is a large difference between web performance, going from a netbook processor (such as the Intel Atom) to a high-end desktop processor (such as the Intel Core i7). This is due to the CPU's pivotal role in running increasingly heavy web applications. He also says that for users looking to try something off the typical beaten path, the Epiphany (browser packaged with Gnome Linux), Shiira (Webkit-based), and Midori (also Webkit-based) browsers all provide relative good Linux browsing performance....

a second version is in the works "that would include more of the HTML 5.0 and something that works to measure flash performance as well as possibly power performance."

I h8 flashcentric sites...so incredibly slow for me.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
At least the Apple is good for something. I don't have the FIOS, so my computer is limited by the bandwidth. I also disable the evil Adobe flash so there is not all that crap to download and display.