Less insecure house locks

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
The locksmith says the current lock is discontinued and the key cylinder is a non-standard rectangular shape. It is not a multi-point system so I only have to worry about replacing the whole set with something compatible with a the keyway I want. I have learned a lot of terminology along the way. :) I have ordered a lockset with Euro style cylinder and Kwikset keyway, and from the measurements I expect the door will need some modification.Mul-T Locks has a boat load of cylinders so now I could switch to Mul-T Locks all around eventually.

Does anyone know of a way to cover the single cylinder deadbolt knob of a storm door such that it can not be opened even someone were to reach through? We do not have residential sprinklers so I would like to stay away from a double cylinder lock. I have found contraptions that tie the deadbolt knob to the regular knob or the mount holes, but they are really only designed as bump prevention, not reach through. The goal would be to prevent manipulation of the knob unless the main door was open. I can envision a deep cylinder (soup can) doing the job as long as the back butted up against the main door. Of course it would need to look better than a soup can and attach to the face in a sturdy way.