I've been accepted to Medical School!

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Hey all -
you may have noticed that I haven't been around much since June. I have been heavily distracted by applying to medical school. In the US, admission basically requires a bachelor's degree, you tend to apply to man y schools (I applied to 20), and you need to apply about a year in advance. Well, to make a long story short, I've been admitted to my state school, the University of Minnesota. I still have applications out to many other schools, and I anticipate a few more acceptances. I'm also considering adding on a PhD, which I would probably do before the medical school coursework. But the point is, I'm in. Woo hoo!

Just thought I should try to explain my prolonged absence. I hope to around more often, at least until I start med school.

Adcadet

Handruin

Administrator
Congrats buddy! Hope to see you around more, but keep the grades and studying going so that you can become an ace in the field you chose.

:beer:

slo crostic

Learning Storage Performance
Good stuff Adcadet! Congratulations!!!

I've just been accepted into a course too. Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology, and am getting excited about the prospects of going back to study again

adriel

Learning Storage Performance
The problem with posting near future plans/career moves on an online forum is that you jinx yourself, causing Murphy to strike with full force. No matter how certain the future event seems, it's less likely to happen if shared to an online audience for some reason. The safe method is to share what you are doing once you are physically in place at the destination, but not before.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
adriel said:
The problem with posting near future plans/career moves on an online forum is that you jinx yourself, causing Murphy to strike with full force. No matter how certain the future event seems, it's less likely to happen if shared to an online audience for some reason. The safe method is to share what you are doing once you are physically in place at the destination, but not before.

Yes. Hence why I posted this AFTER I was accepted. Granted, I'm not physically there yet, but there's a spot waiting for me.