It must be an error, but...20x4TB drive for 444$

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Yeah and if they send me a single drive, I'll have paid twice what I would have if I'd get it locally. No thanks.

alindzon

What is this storage?
yes this is an error

http://www.ashlin.ca/p/Hard_Drives_...rnal_Hard_Drive_-_20_Pack_1020909544.htm#tabs

It clearly says that it's a 20-pack. I've seen the drive at 230$ at a local store and thought it was quite a deal, but a 20-pack for 444$, wow! SSD are really pushing the mecanical drives' prices down.

The reason why these kinds of things can happen is that we import data from most of the IT distributors every night, and automatically setup the products based on the manufacturer part numbers they give us. In this case they have given us the wrong manufacturer part number. Sorry about the confusion, and thank you for indicating that it is likely an error.

alindzon

What is this storage?
Yes it is definitely an error and will be corrected.

The reason why these kinds of things can happen is that we import data from most of the IT distributors in North America every night, and automatically setup the products based on the manufacturer part numbers they give us. In this case they have given us the wrong manufacturer part number.

alindzon

What is this storage?
You are welcome.

We have the best inventory database in Canada, and soon we will do the same for the US. We integrate data from more distributors overnight and in realtime, than anyone else. But unfortunately that means we cannot screen for vendor errors until someone notices them. Please take advantage of our inventory tab to check real time availability including city by city details on where the stock is.

If our prices are off, let us know by email and we will see if we can beat a competitive price. That said, in our industry there are often deals that cannot be matched. For example a large US firm might import US product into Canada and offer it below the Canadian wholesale price, or a manufacturer might cut a deal with a large retailer or ecommerce firm to clear out excess stock.