Interior LED lighting

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I buy many things that sit in boxes as well. I have a bunch of self adhesive vinyl tile waiting to be installed in a storage room and workshop in the basement.

Stereodude

Not really a
I need to go into the attic over the garage to adjust modify some wiring before I can install them. I need to replace an existing electrical round box with something that will hold a 4 outlets, one set a GFCI. Then I need to add another box on the ceiling closer to the door. It's been way too hot to work in the attic, which is why they're waiting.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I need to go into the attic over the garage to adjust modify some wiring before I can install them. I need to replace an existing electrical round box with something that will hold a 4 outlets, one set a GFCI. Then I need to add another box on the ceiling closer to the door. It's been way too hot to work in the attic, which is why they're waiting.

Just run an extension cord up the wall and over the ceiling. Then, attach a cheap power strip.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
We have a neighbor whose detached garage just burned down due to a loose extension cord and another homeowner nearby that had a house fire due to an extension cord plugged into the front porch. Makes me start believing I should place more trust in the fire-marshal not allowing us to use extension cords (Period; At all.) when he does the annual inspection at my workplace.

Stereodude

Not really a
I did finally get the fixtures installed in my garage after sitting on them for over a year. All 18500 lumens of LED lighting got put up back in October. It took about 10 hours to do all the necessary modifications, wiring, installation, and cleanup.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The switch on the wall can control power to all of them. The 4 lights over the cars also have pull chains on them so they can be powered off even when the wall switch on since most of the time I don't need all that light when I step out there for a minute to put something in the trash or recycling bins. It's a big upgrade from the single bare 60W incandescent bulb that was on the ceiling before.

Stereodude

Not really a
Inside the house I've been slowly replacing my incandescent fixtures with LED fixtures. I replaced all the boob lights in the 1st and 2nd floor hallways in the house and the overhead lights in the kitchen with 14" round 3000k flushmount LED fixtures I bought at Costco. These fixtures: https://www.ebay.com/p/Altair-Light...Mount-Decorative-Light-Fixture-21w/1771920345

I've also picked up some lower profile 13" flushmount LED 3000k / 90CRI fixtures from Home Depot. These fixtures: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...iling-Flushmount-2-Pack-JJU3011L-BN/302430663 HD has had the two packs for $39.99 as a deal of the day a few times. I'm putting these in the bedrooms, laundry room, master bedroom closets, and over the stairs to the basement. Soon I won't have any boob lights left in the house. :aok:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I did finally get the fixtures installed in my garage after sitting on them for over a year. All 18500 lumens of LED lighting got put up back in October. It took about 10 hours to do all the necessary modifications, wiring, installation, and cleanup.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The switch on the wall can control power to all of them. The 4 lights over the cars also have pull chains on them so they can be powered off even when the wall switch on since most of the time I don't need all that light when I step out there for a minute to put something in the trash or recycling bins. It's a big upgrade from the single bare 60W incandescent bulb that was on the ceiling before.

What are the temperature and CRO on those?

Stereodude

Not really a
What are the temperature and CRO on those?
They're listed at 4000k. I can't find the CRI listed anymore. When I originally researched them I believe it was listed as >80. FWIW, the CRI of most fluorescent tubes isn't any better.

Also, I got more of them around before Christmas to hang from the ceiling in the basement when they were on sale for $20. I have to do more more electrical work to make that happen though since I need to put in electrical boxes with outlets with GFCI protection in the ceiling tied to the existing wall switch. At least in the basement the ceiling is totally open so it should be easier than the garage to work on.

LunarMist

They're listed at 4000k. I can't find the CRI listed anymore. When I originally researched them I believe it was listed as >80. FWIW, the CRI of most fluorescent tubes isn't any better.

Also, I got more of them around before Christmas to hang from the ceiling in the basement when they were on sale for $20. I have to do more more electrical work to make that happen though since I need to put in electrical boxes with outlets with GFCI protection in the ceiling tied to the existing wall switch. At least in the basement the ceiling is totally open so it should be easier than the garage to work on.

My old T12 lights were 5000K and 92CRI then the T8 type were 90 CRI IIRC.

Stereodude

Not really a
My old T12 lights were 5000K and 92CRI then the T8 type were 90 CRI IIRC.
Well, I did say most. I didn't say all. I'm well aware that you can buy high CRI fluorescent lighting. It's just that the typical fluorescent lighting you encounter isn't it.

LunarMist

Well, I did say most. I didn't say all. I'm well aware that you can buy high CRI fluorescent lighting. It's just that the typical fluorescent lighting you encounter isn't it.

What do you use to replace nicely colored fluorescent fixtures that are no longer supported? I don't trust many of the no-CRI LEDs.
I ordered one of these and it was not very good.

LunarMist

My area is about 40% DEV and 40% COM, and manufacturing is only a small part of some facilities.