I Hate Macs

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
People pretend that the Xbox is a game console. Why can't they pretend that a Macintosh is a computer?

Sol

Storage is cool
I'm always a little annoyed that Mac users insist that it's a Computer, but not a Personal Computer...

Those ads should start
"Hello I'm a Mac."
"And I'm a PC... Which technically doesn't rule out my also being a Mac... Although in this case I'm not."

I guess they did have a go at trying to pass Macs off as supercomputers for a while. Or maybe Macs are just supposed to be less personal...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I don't have much contact with Mac users but they tend to be easier to deal with than Windows folk. I've never met a Mac person who would INSIST on doing something because some IT guy told them that doing it that way 10 years ago is still a good idea today, for example.

Mostly Mac people know what they know, which is not computer stuff, and that is fine with them and it's fine with me.

Um, anyway, I have never seen any of those Mac/PC commercials.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Um, anyway, I have never seen any of those Mac/PC commercials.
No? Okay, here's a quick recap:

Basically it starts off with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates on a stage in front of a white back drop. Jobs says "Hello, I'm a dork" and then Gates says "Hello, I'm also a dork".

At this point, I come on screen and begin kicking the crap out of both of them. Steve Ballalmar makes a cameo appearence by running onto the stage yelling "I'll save you Bil...", only to be cut off before he can fininsh his sentence curtosey of my closeline. I then administer a pummelling on him too.

The skit ends with me walking off stage smacking a closed right fist into the palm of my left hand and muttering something about "now where's that Dell guy" ... various knees and feet can be seen at the bottom of the screen, accompaigned by groans of pain.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I guess they did have a go at trying to pass Macs off as supercomputers for a while. Or maybe Macs are just supposed to be less personal...

Well, pretty much all desktop computers these days would qualify as a supercomputer, so it's now a classification without a difference. It wasn't always this way, however.

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
That article is by Charlie Brooker; one of my favorite writers and presenters. His humour is a little 'British', but he has me on the floor in stitches a lot of the time. His series is on Youtube. If you want an example of his work (and the terrible standard of British TV) follow the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK3cul71BQk

His original website http://www.tvgohome.com/ is basically a take-off of the BBC listing magazine; The Radio Times. Absolutely inspired if you have that sort of sense of humour.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I learned to hate macs, and, I had a point in time when they worked really well, but it was brief.
SCSI made them work, sort of...

Final straws:

All in a 3000 dollar desktop, G3 beige, followed by a G3 tower, beige(nothing like making the same mistakes over: define insanity)

IDE channel limited to 16 mb, by a cheap chipset, industry standard, sort of 30 mb, though Dell at the same time limited their ide channels to one device, and, buried that little tidbit...

Grackle chipset: max scsi channel speed of 73 mb/sec, despite array capable of 150 mb/sec.

160 watt power supply in a 'super computer' that cost 3k.

Don't even get me started on the laptops...

Greg

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I like the latest commercial. It's a put down of Vista UAC.
Three guys on stage. The two computer guys and the UAC guy. Everytime the PC guy says he wants to do something, the UAC guy interrupts him and ask him if he is 'sure' he wants to do that. At the end of the commercial you fell like punching the UAC guy in the nose. The same feeling I get after working on Vista with UAC enabled. :eek:wneddnce:

Bozo :joker:

Stereodude

Not really a
Here's one from an e-mail I got about a compatibility problem with a particular piece of software and the latest version of Quicktime for the mac.
If you have already updated your Quicktime software, the only known way to revert back to your previous version is by doing a reinstall of your operating system, and then manually upgrading your copy of Quicktime to 7.1.3 here:
Now that's user friendly... You can't downgrade your copy of QT without re-installing.