Hmmm...That sure looks familiar

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The two designs seem oddly similar, but until just now, I thought Thermaltake and Thermalright were basically the same company (sorta like Speeze and Spire).

Either one looks to be a nice product, regardless.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I just bought two Thermalright SK-7 for my new systems. I'll be quite pissed if the Thermaltake's end up being cheaper and just as efficient.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
CougTek said:
I just bought two Thermalright SK-7 for my new systems. I'll be quite pissed if the Thermaltake's end up being cheaper and just as efficient.

The SK-7 is just one step below a SLK800.

Take a look at this review. It pits Thermaltake's best HSF, the Volcano 11, against a SK-7. Two different fans are tried on the SK-7, one loud, one quiet.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I also bought it with a Panaflo H1A and Arctic Silver Ceramique compound. According to the review, it's quite a cooler for the price (I paid 31U$ for the heatsink & fan, including shipping...here)

honold

Storage is cool
slk-900u + panaflo high-output 92mm + arctic silver 3 here

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
I have only Swifty MCX-462 w/ Papst N/2GM & AS3... :wink:

Jan

Jan Kivar

I stopped overclocking when my older computer corrupted some big zips because of the overclock. Well, running a BX motherboard at 124 MHz FSB with all four mem slots occupied might have something do to with the matter... I only max mem timings nowadays. Maybe I should try to unlock the multiplier from my 1800+... Nah, I can't be bothered.

Jan

GMac

The SK-7 is a first-class heatsink :) I've paired mine with a Papst 8412 NG 80mm fan and the obligatory Arctic Silver 3 and gotten very pleasing results for not a huge amount of cash 8)

GM