./hello

James Kein

What is this storage?
:D Hello. I was looking for a good geek /tech board from another board, and a friend of mine (GMac) told me that this was a great board, so I am here...

I am a geek, or at lease like to think I am. I don't know everything, but I do know alot (especially around windows 98).

Well, not that I've gotten my sucky intro out of the way, what's up?

Handruin

Administrator
James Kein said:
:D Hello. I was looking for a good geek /tech board from another board, and a friend of mine (GMac) told me that this was a great board, so I am here...

I am a geek, or at lease like to think I am. I don't know everything, but I do know alot (especially around windows 98).

Well, not that I've gotten my sucky intro out of the way, what's up?

Welcome James Kein, glad you've stopped by! This is still a new and growing community and your contributions are welcomed. Almost all of the members here have gathered due to a small part in history where another popular website named storagereview.com was destine to close. A few took it upon themselves to continue the community and here you see the result of everyone's hard work.

During the initial building of this community, storagereview had made the news that they were to keep their doors open...and so did we! These two sites are separate entities and are not affiliated. However, we greatly support their site, as it is has been said to be "rusted on us".

Once again, welcome. :D

-Doug

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Welcome James.

Most of us here are refugee regulars from storagereview.com. There's a pretty wide range of knowledge on most computer subjects here. We have programmers (Helldriver) and PC techs (most of us, P5_133XL in particular), resellers (Tannin, Buck, CougTek) , networking gurus (JamesW), and the odd interested non-expert (Flagreen, Clocker).

Most of us are hobbyists or enthusiasts in addtion to anything else we may be. That's probably our common bond.

The clue-level around here is, very, very high. Basically there are very good people here to talk with.

There's not a lot of traffic right now. Not exactly sure why, but anything posted here will probably be read by fifteen or twenty folks in very short order. If something pops up, you WILL get replies.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Greetings James K,

We appreciate your investment of time to our forum. Please make it your home, and I hope you enjoy everybody’s company and input. I look forward to reading your expertise and experiences.

BR

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
The reason there is less traffic than usual, Mercutio, is that our most popular, highly-skilled, prolific, and all-round-readable member is very busy updating her web page. But don't worry, she will be back in a week or two.

Gin and tonic, please.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Mercutio said:
Tea, for a sock puppet, you sure have an inflated ego.

Mercutio, a sock puppet is much better looking then Tea.

Oh, and Tea, take it easy on the Gin and Tonics, last time you made a mess of this place after a few. I'll have to start you on some PG Tips earlier, or perhaps a little Tetley.

James Kein

What is this storage?
:?: Mercutio... that name is fermiliar... is it to mean the guy from Romeo and Juliet?

:excl: Bartender, I don't drink anything alcoholic (except wine on occasion - when it's expected)

8) and now, I must spam... I would like to know what you all think of my website. The loaction is http://starshipeclipse.netfirms.com . I'll just forewarn you, I am a Trekkie, and it is a Trek-based game (that I run on that site)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
James, where in Wisconsin are you residing?

I'm currently going to school in Madison but I'm from the south side of Chicago.

Handruin

Administrator
Your site looks good, I see you are using Yabb. ;)

I'm going to be setting up an online baseball league for a friend, so if anyone is interested let me know and I will pass the info along to him. We are working out the hosting details, and one that is done I can let you all know.

The online game is based from OOTP4.

The site is not finished yet, but here is a sneak peak. (I posted this a long time ago at SR) http://www.storageforum.net/jerry/index2.html

It won't be hosted here, I'm only testing it here.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
I'll have a Wild Turkey and coke, with a couple of Crownies for a chaser thank you barkeeper. And a double G&T for the lubbly Tea.

GMac

Learning Storage Performance
An ice-cold cider for me Bartender thanks!.

Hi there James - guess you got my e-mail then :D There are plenty of friendly and knowledgeable folk here, so you know where to come if you have any problems - they've certainly done me a favour or two since I first started posting at SR. Enjoy!

GM