Free virus scan.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
You folks may already be aware of this but in case you are not; Trend Micro, the makers of PC-cillan, have a free online virus scan service which you can use just by visiting their site. Here is a link -

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

If you have broadband it scans very quickly and of course has all the latest updates. No need to have any of their software installed. Absolutely no charge for using it. No need to weigh down your PC with anti-virus software.

Piyono

Storage is cool
Yeah, but you have to download a plugin. Who knows what else it gives them access to.

Piyono

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
Piyono said:
Yeah, but you have to download a plugin.

How else do you expect it to be able to perform a virusscan over the web?

I've used the website address of http://housecall.antivirus.com
I think it is easier to remember.
This is a great thing to try as a first step for those people that come to you with a computer problem that sounds like a virus. This is a great free service.

zx

Learning Storage Performance
It also detects viruses that Norton AV does not. Once I had a computer infected with the nimbda (i think...) worm and norton did not detect it. Housecall did, but could not clean it. But at least, we finally knew what was the problem with the computer.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I thought everyone already knew about it...

It's good, but not perfect. It does not do a very good job on stuff that comes from P2P networks. Email viruses can also be hit-or-miss.

But on the whole, it works very well.

Piyono

Storage is cool
Ok, so maybe it's not evil, but on the whole I like to open my computer to as few intrusions as possible.

Piyono