Firefox vexation

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
This problem had been constant through many builds of Firefox I've tried, not just the newest ones.

Head over to anandtech and grab a review to read. Down past the bottom of the review there will be a printer icon labeled "Print this article". I often prefer reading the print version of a review since it's all on one long page and spans the entire screen width. Anyhow, clicking this in Firefox does not get a print version to pop-up...nothing happens.

It is not fixed by turning off the "Block Popup Windows" switch in the Web Features section of Option.

The java console reports this error when I click on those printer icons:
Code:
Error: PrintWindow is not defined
Source File: javascript:PrintWindow('/printarticle.aspx?i=2358','610','450');
Line: 1

In terms of Java, I have J2SE Runtime Enviroment 5.0 update 4 installed.

I do have an extension installed called Configuration Mania that allows access to hidden option. As of yet I can't find a switch within it to help this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Groltz, I've never had this problem with Firefox 0.5 onwards, at Anandtech; I tried it just now with FF 1.0.4, and it spawns a new tab showing the "print" version of the article or review.

The extentions I have installed are:
ChromEdit 0.1.1.1
Tab Mix 0.2.1
netcrafttoolbar 1.0.3.1

The last I've been using only for the last 3 months. I've been using Tabmix for ~ 6 months; prior to that I was using TabBrowser Extensions.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Strange problem Steve. Unfortunately for you, when I click on the Print Icon link, the pop-up is immediate, ready for me to print. I have the Block Popup Windows option checked.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Is java even involved?

Looks more like a javascript problem.

Stating the obvious, is javascript enabled in options (web features)?

Handruin

Administrator
I don't think java (JRE plugin) is involved here, as cityk mentioned...that's definitly javascript.

I also went over to anandtech and clicked the print link from one of the articles, and all worked fine. I also have Sun's JRE 5.0 installed FWIW.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
CityK said:
Stating the obvious, is javascript enabled in options (web features)?
Yes

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Java runtime - no help

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Configuration Mania plugin (tried web page with it uninstalled too) - no help

java.jpg

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Errr ... what has any of this got to do with the browser, for Pete's sake? Special printable versons of HTML pages went out with Netscape 4.6. That's exactly the sort of task that CSS was designed for in the first place. What are we talking here, 1998?

Anand's website coding guy needs to move into the century of the fruitbat. A good place for him to start would be: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/

Last time I visited Anands, by the way, the site was horribly slow, and riddled with more javascript than three average to bad pr0n sites. I tend not to bother going there anymore, though I still regard the content as probably fairly trustworthy, which is more than I can say for Tom's.

Anyway, yes, in practice it's nice to have your browser deal gracefully even with badly written sites, but let's place the actual blame squarely where it belongs: on Anand's stone-age HTML code.