Firefox 3.5 is out.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
(For example, to close and restart Opera I might have to consider 100+ tabs, where I rarely have more than two or three Fox tabs open at any time. Or I can simulate a new, first-time visitor to my page using Firefox by doing a global delete of all the passwords and cookies and etc, and the only price is that Tea has to type in her Storage Forum password next time she comes here. If I did the same thing in Seamonkey or Opera, I'd have a heap of work to do (or else have to buggerise about with saving and restoring backup user files).

Opera: {Tools} {Delete Private Data} click [Delete] ... done.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Anyone have a copy of 3.5 they could email me?
One of my favorite add ons won't work with 3.6.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Is Firefox incompatible with the extension, or the extension incompatible with Firefox?

Chicken or egg?

Given that the extension was on this planet before Firefox 3.6 existed, you'd have to say that v3.6 is the incompatible bit.

I could try one of those forced compatibility things, but there would be little point? I only use Firefox for perhaps 5% or 10% of my browsing, so it really doesn't matter a lot. In fact, come to think of it, I can't think of a single useful feature that's in Firefox 3.5 or 3.6 that isn't already in (say) v2.0 - possibly even v1.0, though that's going a long way back and stretching the memory. Not saying there aren't any, just that I can't think of any off the top of my head. So the only major reason to switch is security, and that only becomes a factor when they stop doing bug-fix releases on the 3.5 branch. I'll just wait.

Opera: {Tools} {Delete Private Data} click [Delete] ... done.

Yup. But that deletes all the data! I frequently just want to delete the stuff for one particular site that I'm testing code on. The easiest and quickest way to do it is copy the address, close the browser, reopen the browser, paste the page address - <control-insert> <alt-f4> click <shift-insert> <enter> Takes what? Three seconds including a scratch?

Edit: Oh - but that assumes, of course, that I'm not using the browser in question for anything else at the time. This is where Firefox (and lately also Chrome) come in handy: I mildly dislike using them, so I generally don't have much open that will be missed, where closing Opera or Seamonkey often involves a lot of mucking about saving stuff I'm working on.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
If someone has VMware2 working in FF 3.6 I would like to know so I can keep working on it. I found some posts about others saying it doesn't while I was looking but for some reason it stopped working in IE8 for a while as well.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Turn off Adblock Plus.

I believe we already discussed how to turn off extension compatibility checking. It's not a big deal.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Anyone have a link, or a copy of 3.5?

3.6 is incompatible with one of my favorites, Clipta...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Given that the extension was on this planet before Firefox 3.6 existed, you'd have to say that v3.6 is the incompatible bit.
Well, except that Firefox 3.6 isn't implicitly compatible with extensions from previous versions. So, you'd have to say that your extension is the incompatible bit.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been using it for a few days, since it's drop-in on regular Fx. The only difference that I've noticed is that it seems to be using more memory.

Maybe I need a slower computer or some more crapily coded web sites to look at....