Filtech Computer, Toronto area.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
This store has awesome prices for Seasonic power supplies. Too bad their script doesn't work when you want to order something online (at least it doesn't work under Firefox and Opera : I refuse to use IE). 69$CAD for an S12-380HB is a great price (even if it's 3% discounted for cash).

We have two members who live in Toronto's area. Do you know this store and is it a correct place...or not?

http://www.filtechcomputer.com/product/default.asp

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I can endorse Filtech and do indeed try to purchase from them when possible. Its a small store located on the east side of Spadina and resides about 4 or 5 stores south of College. They generally have competitive prices on most items (either matching street price or besting it by a buck or two). Staff is friendly (unlike the dorks at Canada Computers and many of the other shops around the College & Spadina area). Have heard and read stories that the guy who runs Filtech (who IIRC goes by "Charles") is very accomadating towards customer satisfaction -- no personal experience on that end myself. Their website doesn't seem to get updated very often.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Thanks. So it means that I should buy in confidence? I'll probably call them then. I hope they can deal with a thick French accent.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
CougTek said:
Thanks. So it means that I should buy in confidence? [/qoute] I can't be sure - dealing in person is a different ball game then ordering online or over the phone. You can certainly rest assured that its a legitimate store, but whether or not they processes shipping orders effectively is the uncertainty.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sir Coug, when you call please ask if they ship to the USofA. I just paid a bundle for a Seasonic S12-600 :evil:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm now a retailer of Seasonic power supplies. I've visited NCIX.com and I can match their prices for Seasonic stuff. I'm not whiling to beat them though.

I have no idea how much shipping to US would cost me, but I would not make a profit on shipping. I can ship elsewhere in Canada, although it doesn't seem necessary in Toronto thanks to Filtech.

I long forgot the informations of my paypal account though. I would probably have to create another.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't need a PSU atm but I will definitely keep you in mind in the future. Thanks. I don't really need a new computer but I am starting to feel the itch..