"edit post timer" increase?

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Can we get please, pretty please, have the "edit post timer" increase from 5 minute to something longer? An hour? A day? 3-days? This would ease the pain for those with OCD or those who want to fix their mistakes, etc?

MUCH THANKS!

ddrueding

Fixture
We have this discussion every few years. Every time we pretty much settle on leaving it as-is in order to make sure no-one can change the meaning of a post after it has been read or responded to (we used to have more politics).

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
We have this discussion every few years. Every time we pretty much settle on leaving it as-is in order to make sure no-one can change the meaning of a post after it has been read or responded to (we used to have more politics).

I agree that there are times/places when a fast "no change" timer makes sense. I just don't see it here on this board. The s/n ratio is high. There are very few political discussions that get heated enough were somebody would feel the need to change a post. And the benefits would out way the very mild "risk."

Handruin

Administrator
I feel like it's reasonable to increase the edit timeout. The forum tracks changes when a post is edited so if there was every really an issue to dispute we could look back in the system to see what changed.

Handruin

Administrator
Here's what the new post-edit changes are.

Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title: 120 minutes
Time Limit on Adding a Poll to a Thread: 120 minutes
Time Limit on Editing of Posts: 120 minutes
Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...': 10 minutes

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Here's what the new post-edit changes are.

Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title: 120 minutes
Time Limit on Adding a Poll to a Thread: 120 minutes
Time Limit on Editing of Posts: 120 minutes
Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...': 10 minutes

Thank You Very Much for upping the edit timer.