EDC pocket knives

Handruin

Administrator
Does anyone else have an interest in carrying pocket knives with them on a daily basis? I've been growing a small collection of them and felt like sharing to see if others shared the same interest.

I recently received a knife from Massdrop that I put in a group order for on the Ferrum Forge Gent. This knife is a collaboration from Ferrum Forge, WE Knives, and Massdrop. It is a clean and simple knife with titanium frame and G10 scales. The blade itself is a drop-point made from a very high quality S35VN steel.

This is my small collection of other knives including the Ferrum Forge Gent. From left to right in order:

Boker Plus Kwaiken Damascus (Damasteel | Lucas Burnley design)
Ferrum Forge Gent
Kershaw Skyline
Kershaw Leek Ken Onion edition
Spyderco Dragonfly 2 (VG-10 steel)

Stereodude

Not really a
I used to have a black FRN Spyderco Lady Bug 3 on my keychain. Now I have a orange FRN Spyderco Dragonfly 2 on it. I removed the clip.

I have a black FRN Spyderco Native 5 that I will carry from time to time when I think I might need a knife.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I had one years ago, but it's not feasible with all the security everywhere nowadays.
I prefer a Swiss type with a few tools but still a decent blade.

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't witnessed security everywhere trying to take away my legal pocket knife.

LunarMist

They can hold it at the guard station after xrays. Another option is to leave it in the vehicle (Chevy).

LunarMist

Who said I was being x-rayed? When you visit a facility do you ask if you get a free chest x-ray with that? :rofl:

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I have had a Gerber Paraframe I for a while. Not edc but only while backpacking. I have no need for an edc knife, I leave a paring knife in my desk drawer. My brevity is not intended to poop on anyone's hobby.

Last edited:

LunarMist

Facility? You're talking about guards and x-rays... Why can't you have a knife.?

Security guards are normal at most facilities.
I assume they want to reduce stabbings. :lol: No lethal weapons are allowed.

Stereodude

Not really a
Security guards are normal at most facilities.
I assume they want to reduce stabbings. :lol: No lethal weapons are allowed.
A pocket knife is a lethal weapon? What about knitting needles? Pencils? A letter opener?

And what do you mean by facility?

sedrosken

Florida Man
I use a Kershaw OD-1 1775. Not the easiest thing in the world to sharpen but it gets the job done and has a nice, beefy clip for hanging in my pocket. The opening lever is nice for when I'm trying to open boxes one-handed. It's not in the best aesthetic shape but it's functionally and structurally sound.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
A pocket knife is a lethal weapon? What about knitting needles? Pencils? A letter opener?

Now you're being fatuous.

Knives are illegal to carry here if they use gravity or a spring to facilitate one-handed opening. They are also illegal if there is intent to use them as a weapon, eg carrying a kitchen knife in public without good reason is likely to get you arrested.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I recently got stopped at airport security because they x-rayed my wallet and found a 'credit card' multi-tool. It had been there for years and I had forgotten all about it. Ridiculous, but I let them take it so I could make the flight.

41ySrExbcAL.jpg

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool

And what do you mean by facility?

There are workplaces and sites where there is xray examination of your bags and metal detector pass thru for the body. At which point they'll take your knife away.

Stereodude

Not really a
There are workplaces and sites where there is xray examination of your bags and metal detector pass thru for the body. At which point they'll take your knife away.
Well, yeah... My point was that his choice of wording is rather strange. I don't refer to my workplace or any place I've worked as a "facility".

LunarMist

Well, yeah... My point was that his choice of wording is rather strange. I don't refer to my workplace or any place I've worked as a "facility".

I thought you were involved in Asian electronics manufacturing.
What do you call a place with a hundred to a few thousand employees, multiple buildings, and a hundred thousand to a few million square feet of space. If not a facility do you call it a site instead?

forstory

What is this storage?
Well, many places these days are pretty strict on their security measures, especially given that many incidents have happened over the years where fatality has occured and could've been avoided with tighter security.