Easy Folding setup

ddrueding

Fixture
Used this, got it working. Now the questions are:

1) Can I just copy this folder to other computers and run it?
2) Is there an easy way to get this configuration to run automatically and silently in the background?

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for finding this Bozo. I've installed it and started folding again because you made it so much easier to get this working. I've also moved this thread into the Folding@home forum section with a link to redirect people.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Used this, got it working. Now the questions are:

1) Can I just copy this folder to other computers and run it?
2) Is there an easy way to get this configuration to run automatically and silently in the background?

It looks like the program scans the computer for appropriate hardware. It may not work properly if the hardware is different.

Put the executable in the Startup folder?

ddrueding

Fixture
FAH is not playing nicely on any of my systems. Even though it is set to the lowest priority, it still has negative effects on video through MPC-HC, PowerDVD9/10, even youtube video. None of these systems are underpowered, this is a decent example. Is this common?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I have four computers currently running the client. I often watch movies on two of them and I haven't experienced stutters. The hardware is relatively high-end, comparable to what you usually assemble, although all my graphic cards are modest (the strongest one is the GeForce 450GTS). All my computers suffer Windows 7 64 bits.

What's your antivirus?

Handruin

Administrator
I'm also running the client along with a few other things, plus a Linux VM and videos don't run choppy for me either on YouTube or wmv/avi. I just tried a raw 1080P video from my 5D MKII and it's also not choppy (raw in the sense that I didn't recompress it in another format).