EarthViewer 3D nVIDIA

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
I can't download the application from where I'm at right now. Is this basically a knock-off of the MS TerraServer? That's been around since late 1998, and you don't have to download any software to use it.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Send me that in an image, Cliptin. :)

I would like to bomb the crap out of you if you don't mind... :wink:

James

Storage is cool
i said:
I can't download the application from where I'm at right now. Is this basically a knock-off of the MS TerraServer? That's been around since late 1998, and you don't have to download any software to use it.
It's like Terraserver in that it uses much the same sorts of satellite photos, but it's way cooler in that it has higher resolution pictures for many areas (eg. you can see individual cars in Tokyo), and the interface is jaw dropping - you start off with the globe, then you zoom in "seamlessly" (not quite) to wherever you click on. Also it has the ability to look along the terrain and see the mountains and hills. There's a Flash (sorry) demo linked off the page that will give you some idea of the whole thing.

It's very cool. We're considering comissioning the company to build one of our global network, that would get attention in bids!

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Can you switch to topo view, like Terraserver? I'd be interested as a I do quite a lot of backpacking/mountain biking. It would be cool to map things this way. I currently have a DeLorme mapping program, but the interfact is nothing like what you are describing. It would also be a good excuse for a new video card! :D