DVD player, networked?

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Found this neat little gizmo on bensbargains.net

http://www.buy.com/retail/clearance/dotd.asp?loc=114&sku=70012125

It is a networked DVD player, allowing you to stream content from your computer to it, then to your TV.

Your television and your computer are the two main sources of entertainment in your home, and yet they can’t work together to share information and create new viewing and listening options. But the NPD3117 networked DVD player from Oritron takes them from distant relations to best buddies. Best of all, if you already have a home network, you can set up this product and have it running in minutes.

If you installed a home network, you probably did it so your computers could share files or a high-speed Internet connection. And once you had it running, you probably thought that was all you could do with it. But no, that’s only the beginning. Enter the Oritron On-media DVD Player - while it operates like any other DVD player, it can communicate with your home network and display media—pictures, music, or video—that you have stored on your computer.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I thought it was a neat idea and might be a good solution for someone who wants to get content from their computer to their TV without hassling with an HTPC or a high cost TV out card and cabling.