Don't know the name? 6-conductor bussbar?

ddrueding

Fixture
My Google-fu is failing me again. It is hard to shop for a product if you don't know the name.

The system I'm working with has a 6-conductor low-voltage command bus that can be simply spliced together as needed. I have a couple dozen of these wires terminating at the main computer. Currently they are wire-nutted together in a god-awful mess. I'd like to clean this up.

My first thought was to have 6 parallel bussbars. My second was to terminate the wires to some kind of plug that has some kind of socket where they could all land.

Anyone with experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
My Google-fu is failing me again. It is hard to shop for a product if you don't know the name.

The system I'm working with has a 6-conductor low-voltage command bus that can be simply spliced together as needed. I have a couple dozen of these wires terminating at the main computer. Currently they are wire-nutted together in a god-awful mess. I'd like to clean this up.

My first thought was to have 6 parallel bussbars. My second was to terminate the wires to some kind of plug that has some kind of socket where they could all land.

Anyone with experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Do you mean a screw-down terminal or a punch-block?

ddrueding

Fixture
A photo might be helpful.

I don't have a photo because I don't know exactly what I want. The wires themselves are pretty standard; think Ethernet only 6-conductor and slightly bigger gauge. Each wire has a red, green, brown, white, blue, and black conductor. All I need to do is splice all the wires of the same color (greens together, blacks together, etc).

Do you mean a screw-down terminal or a punch-block?

Thanks for the vocabulary infusion. Soldering a bunch of these together might do the trick

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Back in the 70s we used terminal blocks. I assume they are still made.