Cool Motorcycle Movies

Handruin

Administrator
I love those types of videos. I have an ever growing collection of car videos, (mostly supra videos) but I'd like to share this cool video.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Right now I've got around 6 Cds worth full of car & bikes video clips - everything from tuned Skylines (0-180mph in 13 seconds) to Vattanen's legendary pikes Peak run - once I'm back on DSL next month I'll arrange FTP so anyone interested can trade with me.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
NRG = mc² said:
Right now I've got around 6 Cds worth full of car & bikes video clips - everything from tuned Skylines (0-180mph in 13 seconds) to Vattanen's legendary pikes Peak run - once I'm back on DSL next month I'll arrange FTP so anyone interested can trade with me.

Please DO!

C

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Make that almost 7 CDs 8)

Anyone got any mad Japanese videos? Those are the best, lots of good driving and drifting everywhere.

Platform

Learning Storage Performance
The last (and probably final) motorcycle that I owned -- which was a while back now -- was a 1988 Yamaha FZR750. It was the first street legal Japanese machine available with an aluminum alloy frame and a rather rare motorcycle at that, like its cousin of the time, the FZR1000. The motor was rather highly tuned as well, meaning it was NOT a machine for a beginner or a rider with typical experience (I wasn't either).

I rode it for about 5 years and eventually sold it to some people that came up from Mexico to buy it. They were racers from Monterey, where a Gran Prix track is. I sold it for $500 MORE than what I originally paid for it (which is normally atypical for fast depreciating motorcycles). By 1993/4, the FZR750 was only available as a race machine -- available only out of a crate from the factory -- and at a cost of about US$12000 or a bit more. My "street" version was virtually identical to the racing version, except for the camshafts (rise and duration slightly hotter), the carburetor model and jetting, and the missing speedometer and taillight.

That machine served me well. Despite its rambunctiousness -- capable of wheelspin at a ANY speed, 13500 RPM redline, 5-valves-per-cyl, capable of 0 ~ 60mph in 2 seconds -- it was reliable and relatively civilised in traffic (water cooled). As for the most misbehaving 2-wheeled beast that I've ever owned, that prize would have to go to the Maico 450 that I owned in 1973. This was a big-bore Austrian-made 2-stroke motocrosser with a hair trigger throttle and far more torque than any human ever needed. There were various other machines that I had in my stable -- mostly dirtbikes and mostly in the 1970s: Husqvarna, Penton, Maico, Yamahas, and a Penton-maha.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Me? I just love the Hayabusa in gold... but for a slower death even an Honda NSR 250 will do.

hon-nsr250-96-bikepics-01306.jpg

Trriiiiinn din din din...

Handruin

Administrator
NRG = mc² said:

I would like to trade. :) I have a few hundred MB myself, but no real means to share them other then mailing CD's to people.