Congratulations to Australian Winter Olympians

James

Storage is cool
I think it's our first Winter Olympics medal better than a bronze. :)

Yes, it's a great achievement and all that, but it's not exactly what you'd call the best way to win an Olympic medal - although it sure beats having to bribe the judges to give you one, I guess. :roll:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I saw the race as there was a Quebecer also participating. It's a weird way to win a medal for sure. The Aussie won only because the stupid sob chinese imb... took all the other three leading skaters down with him. This @$$ hole did the same thing in the semi-final. He should have been disqualified in the semi, but the judges were apparently blind.

Anyway, they can't take the gold medal from the Aussie. He was the slowest of all the guys who participated in the final, but accidents happen and he was lucky enough to avoid it. Congratulations to the man. He looks like a nice guy so I'm not upset about it.

What's trully sad though is the fall of the American. He was the fastest of the bunch and he would have deserved to win, but the #%@$&!! chinese skater, because of its boundless stupidity, made it otherwise. He should be ban of the official competitions in the future.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Nothing to do with his nationality, Cliptin, just to do with what he said after the other guy crashed into him, the best skater on the rink, and wound up handing what was (I'm told) rightfully his medal to a mere honest plodder instead.

Might he not have said "Ohno"?

(Now you are sorry you asked.) :)