Cold

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The meteo station shows -21C already, so my home termometer must be a bit off. I confirm that it is a new record low for this time of the year. The preview record was -19C in 1976.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It's 11:30pm (12:30am daylight savings time) at night here. The temperature is 24C (75F) and humidity 80%.

Theoretically, it's nearly 1/3 of the way through Autumn. I had to go out and water some shrubs because they're dying (extreme drought).

Snow is a long, long way away. :(

CougTek

Serial computer killer
April is about to begin and there's still 43" of snow on the ground on average here. Yep, that's 110cm. Everywhere. More than twice the average at this time of the year.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Echoing what Time mentioned about a week ago - we had mid-30's** during the day with 90%+ humidity over the weekend... Summer has not yet finished for us...

** The time/temp sign next the Pacific Motorway in Springwood had 35C at 2pm...

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Winter has finally arrived here. he last two weeks we have had bitter cold (by Oz standards) and some snow. After the longest, warmest autumn over recorded, temperatures in sunny Ballarat (coldest city in Victoria, probably the coldest in Australia if you exclude a couple of places in the mountains of south-east NSW) have hit normal (which is weird - nothing is normal anymore) and I'm pining for the tropics. Oh well, the days are already growing longer, it will be 44 in the daytime and 36 all night again any day now.

Snowhiker, what are you doing having cold at this time of year where you are?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
We're still officially in Summer and at the moment, it's 0°C outside. We expect -1°C during the night. Last time it was this cold on that day of the year was in 1959.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
And back then you had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow...

CougTek

Serial computer killer
And back then you had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow...
That was only the case for a few country boys. That wasn't the reality of children living in urban areas back then. I've had to walk around 5 miles in the snow every morning back when I was an early teenager, but it was because I delivered the news paper. I've never had to walk more than two miles to go to school. I've had to run around five or six miles a few times, but only because I missed the bus (and managed to arrive on time anyway).

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Speaking of weather, we didn't really have spring and are now truly in summer... See the attachment (left in sun for 5 mins)... We are expected to have an average of ~40C this weekend...

IMAG0302_BURST002.jpg

I hope all the visting delegates for the G20 Summit are enjoying our beautiful summers day!

LunarMist

Just my pesky job. ;) They cancelled the southern (NC) plans though.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
11:00 PM and it's zero F outside here in Pa. Arizona is looking better all the time.

Well the six month long summer sucks ass, but the other half of the year is nice. May need a long sleeve shirt for 2-4 weeks during the "winter" though. 80s in February here.

Now that is for the southern half of the state. Parts of the northern half are 7000-8000+ in elevation so it does get cold there. But even the north rim of the Grand Canyon isn't too bad right now and it's over 8000'.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
If we would move, it would be from mid state and north. I was in Phoenix a few years ago when it was122 F in the shade, and the overnight low was 92 F. No thanks!

LunarMist

We have to go to Pennsylvania in less that a week. Apparently it is rather cold there. :crap:

LunarMist

Intra colleagues. According to the computer I don't exist in 2018. I have not been reassigned. It's strange.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
"Glitch" is an Office Space movie reference. In the movie Milton was laid off, but due to a glitch in the payroll department, he continued to go to work and receive a paycheck for years.

Handruin

Administrator
Do you make the same frequent grammatical errors in your work email correspondence as you do here?

LunarMist

Do you make the same frequent grammatical errors in your work email correspondence as you do here?

Those errors are infrequent. However, there is a reasonable allowance for mistakes when writing on a smartphone.

LunarMist

We have to go to Pennsylvania in less that a week. Apparently it is rather cold there. :crap:

PA was not too bad. The weather this week started off cold and became quite warm in the latter part.