Chrome and quoted reply

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Hi all,

I've had this on two different machines (both GNU/Linux based), one with Chrome and the other with Chromium.

If I click on "reply with quote" on a thread, then the space bar input is ignored in the reply field.
If I click on "reply" all works as normal.
If I click on "reply advanced" all works as normal.
If I simple type in the reply field at the end of the thread, all works as normal.

The only plugins are AdBlock Plus and Ghostery.

Anyone else able to replicate?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Hi all,

I've had this on two different machines (both GNU/Linux based), one with Chrome and the other with Chromium.

If I click on "reply with quote" on a thread, then the space bar input is ignored in the reply field.
If I click on "reply" all works as normal.
If I click on "reply advanced" all works as normal.
If I simple type in the reply field at the end of the thread, all works as normal.

The only plugins are AdBlock Plus and Ghostery.

Anyone else able to replicate?

I'm on Xubuntu 16.04 on Chrome and everything is normal with "reply with quote."

sedrosken

Florida Man
I'm on Xubuntu 16.04 on Chrome and everything is normal with "reply with quote."

Testing from my Arch install on the Cloudbook running the latest Chrome, everything's fine here as I just tested. Only difference is that I'm using uBlock Origin instead of ABP. If you'd like I can set up another config of it with your addons and test that way.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Testing from my Arch install on the Cloudbook running the latest Chrome, everything's fine here as I just tested. Only difference is that I'm using uBlock Origin instead of ABP. If you'd like I can set up another config of it with your addons and test that way.
Thank guys,

Doesn't appear to plugin related (disabled all, no change).

However it only happens if the editor window is in WYSIWYG mode when I click on "reply with quote". If it's in SOURCE mode, it works fine. Suspect some fault with how VB has integrated CKEditor. (To switch modes, it's the first button in the toolbar (the A/A one).

I've switched to only using the SOURCE mode for now as a workaround.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I have the same issue except all I have to do is paste in a space once in the reply and then the spacebar works normally again. Totally weird problem.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm on W10, Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit), and it's ignoring space bar for me since yesterday if I reply with quote. Extensions are Adblock Plus, Flashcontrol, Ghostery and Allow Copy. Definitely annoying!

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's not just me.

I guess this very minor but annoying issue is another reason to look at updating/migrating the forum software. (assuming there is no patch for 4.x of vBulletin to correct this issue).

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's not just me.

I guess this very minor but annoying issue is another reason to look at updating/migrating the forum software. (assuming there is no patch for 4.x of vBulletin to correct this issue).

Unfortunately there are no additional patches for vbulletin at this point. Can you try similar behavior on the new forum to see if there's an issue? I realize this may not apply because it's different software. I know I'm behind on the migration but I'm sorting out some of the items that have been causing me delays to hopefully make this a reality sooner than later.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Unfortunately there are no additional patches for vbulletin at this point. Can you try similar behavior on the new forum to see if there's an issue? I realize this may not apply because it's different software. I know I'm behind on the migration but I'm sorting out some of the items that have been causing me delays to hopefully make this a reality sooner than later.

No issues with the new forum software.