Ceiling Hanging "U" Racks

ddrueding

Fixture
There is a reason that Architects and Engineers are different jobs. All the floor plans I've put together maximize workflow and usable space while being efficient and cheap to build. They also look like a giant box.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, I ran all the co-ax runs through the Ortronics patch panel last night. Here's where the rack stands right now.

I also cleaned up about half the wiring along the ceiling in the basement. Once I'm done with the other half I will do a better job with the wiring going into the rack and I will be done with this area.

Stereodude

Not really a
"Meticulously handmade with pride in the PRC"

That sounds a hell of a lot better than "Made in China"
They got in trouble with customs over that one a while back. Customs made them put "Made in China" stickers on all the speakers in the container before they would release it. :rofl:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
All the floor plans I've put together maximize workflow and usable space while being efficient and cheap to build. They also look like a giant box.
Just cantilever it over a waterfall and stock it with Tiffany-style lamps that you've done yourself.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Just cantilever it over a waterfall and stock it with Tiffany-style lamps that you've done yourself.

There's more to it than that.
Howell is right that Wright often made poor choices for materials and construction techniques, but his homes are wonderful for their suitability to purpose.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
There's more to it than that.
Howell is right that Wright often made poor choices for materials and construction techniques, but his homes are wonderful for their suitability to purpose.

As a designer, FLW was meticulous and thorough. The problem was that there was not much flexibility in the design in case you did not buy the FLW way wholesale. There was no tinkering in a FTW structure. Compound that with the engineering flaws (leaks!).

ps. The discussion of FLW in SD's thread should not be taken to reflect on the quality of SD's design or craftsmanship. Lookin' good!