CAT8 cables

Handruin

Administrator
Wow...I wonder if you can even bend them. I might expect the twist per inch must be insane unless if they're doing something else to help reduce noise. I see they're listed as solid cables instead of a typical stranded cable for patch cables.

Handruin

Administrator
Also, did you read through the user comments...they're kind of hilarious. I don't think they understand what they bought and/or are not using it for the intended purpose.

Stereodude

Not really a
Also, did you read through the user comments...they're kind of hilarious. I don't think they understand what they bought and/or are not using it for the intended purpose.
I think (hope?) that they're being made tongue-in-cheek.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
30 meter limit, apparently. So near enough to 100'.

I will be more impressed if someone finds equipment that can actually utilize it.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not aware of any ethernet adapter that goes beyond 10Gb and uses a conventional RJ45 port. I would also be impressed to find something faster...not that I could even saturate a 10Gb right now.

Stereodude

Not really a
I will be more impressed if someone finds equipment that can actually utilize it.
What are you talking about? I replaced the CAT6 between my cable model and my router with one of these CAT8 cables and the CAT6 cable between my PC and the router and my internet ping dropped, I now get 25% more bandwidth in speed tests, and my gray hair has been fading.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is this real or some nonsense like $8000 speaker wires.?

Handruin

Administrator
The cable appears to be real. Their claims are hard to verify given lack of real world equipment using this cable type at speeds faster than 10Gb.