Call Blocker App

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The number of unsolicited calls to my cell phone has finally reached annoying levels. I'm looking for an app that blocks known bad numbers and would otherwise stop these kinds of calls.

I haven't done much research, although I've seen a number of positive mentions of Truecaller. I'm hoping that you guys have some good suggestions.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Many Android phones have an option in the pop-up menu in the calling screen that allows you to block a number. Easiest way is to block as soon as you received the call. That number will never be able to call you again. Of course this does not prevent a call from a number you haven't blocked yet. This has been sufficient for my needs. You guys don't have a "Do Not Call" option with your provider?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Many Android phones have an option in the pop-up menu in the calling screen that allows you to block a number. Easiest way is to block as soon as you received the call. That number will never be able to call you again. Of course this does not prevent a call from a number you haven't blocked yet. This has been sufficient for my needs. You guys don't have a "Do Not Call" option with your provider?

The scammers often use different numbers. I had an app on the old phone that would allow blocking of a range of numbers, like 747-365-xxxx.
95% of the bad calls are on my home line, since I don't give out any of the cell numbers except for emergencies. I deliberately don't know those numbers anyway.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I need an Android phone blocker that is based on a whitelist. The user is an 80-year-old, semi-demented woman who answers calls from telemarketers and scammers, giving out all kinds of info. It's rather scary. :(
However, she needs to answer calls from about 6 people. Thanks for any app advice.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
I wonder if Android can do what I do with my iPhone: Set to Do Not Disturb mode, and then allow only calls from contact list to ring through. Not a complete solution, but better than nothing.
Sorry if not helpful, I haven't used Android for many years.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I need an Android phone blocker that is based on a whitelist. The user is an 80-year-old, semi-demented woman who answers calls from telemarketers and scammers, giving out all kinds of info. It's rather scary. :(
However, she needs to answer calls from about 6 people. Thanks for any app advice.

Try Mr. Number.

Grandy33

What is this storage?
Yeah, this is really embarrassing to receive unwanted calls. I think everyone hates to receive those calls. There have some good call blocker app on the web. If you are you'll get a big list of them. Anyways, 'TrueCaller' isn't bad. You can try it. :)