"Buffalo Spammer" sentenced to prison term

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
From arstechnica.com

"Howard Carmack, dubbed the "Buffalo Spammer," was convicted last month on 14 counts of identity theft and falsifying business records. According to court documents, he stole the identities of two Buffalo, NY residents to help set up a spamming operation that was used to send more than 800 million pieces of spam. He was also convicted of falsifying business records for faking e-mail addresses in spam messages that were sent. Today, Carmack was sentenced to 3.5 to 7 years in prison, receiving the maximum sentence on the 14 counts against him."

I hope the bastard gets a good shanking whilst he's in there. Right up there with child molesters IMHO. In the local paper it was reported that he asked the Judge "Where are my victims?" at sentencing. No remorse at all. So his chances of winning an appeal are slim to say the least.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I hope they feed him Spam (the thing in a can made by the food company) and n-o-t-h-i-n-g else. Spam for breakfast, Spam for lunch, Spam for dinner, everyday, for as long as he's in prison.