Borneo

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Has anyone been to Borneo? I'm planning on going there on vacation later this year, and thought I'd ask all of you about opinions about it. What's your picture of it? Good and bad things you've heard about it?

Main points for me are: jungle, Tea's relatives, diving

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
You should leap in on my granny. (That's right, "leap in" - it's like dropping in except that you go upwards, not downwards.) Tell her I sent you and that I said you were to have the guest bedtree for as long as you like.

PS: bring her some chocolate - a couple of bars of chocolate and she will be your friend for life, share her bananas, pick the fleas out of your ear for you, and everything.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
I will :) . Anything special you want me to tell her? Just asking because you haven't seen them in a while, have you?

Does she like normal or dark chocolate more? How about hazelnuts?

I really hope I'll get to see a lot of your family.

ihsan

What is this storage?
Website
ihsan.synthexp.net
Where exactly are you visiting? Sabah, Sarawak or Kalimantan?

I've been to the first two. 2.5 hours plane ride from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. I've heard nasty news about cannibals somewhere deep in the Kalimantan. Pontianak (Kalimantan's cap).

As for jungle, all three would fit your requirements.
If you're seeing Tea's distant cousin, than Sepilok National Park, to the east of Sabah is the place to go. Plenty of orang utans.

Diving? Hmm. My vote goes to Sabah. If you go to Sabah, do observe current political climate as Sabah is very near to the Philippines where the Abu Sayyaf infidels operate.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
We haven't decided yet, but it's deffinitely Sabah or Sarawak. We've just begun the "get info" phase, so there is still a lot of things I don't know about Borneo.

The flights here from Finland are to Kota Kinabalu or Kuching.